I am on the move again. Well, not today. In the office as usual today, but instead of doing work as I should be, I have been online trying to figure plane and train schedules. I was bad girl over the weekend. While chatting on the phone with D, we realised that there was nothing holding me here for the next few weeks. I have collected as much data as I can for the next chapter of my thesis, which I have to finish by end April. So we discussed a few possible dates and within 20 minutes, I had a ticket being issued somewhere in Canada, to be couriered here in a few days. Thank God for airmiles as it is very difficult to be spontaneous if I have to wait for travel agencies to open. I leave Sunday. I haven't even unpacked from my last trip.
But of course this morning, even before I get my first caffiene hit, I find out that I have, have, have to be in a little village in Switzerland for a course on 23 May...which just happens to be the day I touch down in NL. So frantic calls to Switzerland, SQ, KLM, Swiss Air and online checks for possible trains to said small village...and life is on even keel again. I will be slightly late for course, and I will be travelling non-stop for 2 days, possibly sprinting to catch first available connections and respective trains. But as of this afternoon, life is on even keel. Now, to tell my boss that I will be away for 7 weeks.......
Monday, April 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yup. Am thinking of visiting Ayers Rock as am tired of having people ask me if I have visited. Also we won a years supply of Ice Cream...go figure
just when you thought you can put woolies and those thick sweaters away... you're in for autumn!!!
*sighs*
I don't think we will ever met!!!
meet meet meet
Mango, have you been taking little sips of little dots medication?? Hahaha. We will meet, I assure you. Will be back early June and I will arrange something. Might as well make use of rail discount card.
Last year was year of summer and this year will be year of autumn, as in I keep missing the other 3 seasons.
my head is spinning. how do you do it, girl?
i don't know how your mad dashes compare with space travel, but i'm almost positive that on a scale slightly smaller than that of superman circumnavigating the globe in reverse to push back time, you dear sof have cheated aging somehow... :D
-yam-
Post a Comment