Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home at last

Dini is home safe and sound. It was a rough night, but it could have been worse. Doug went to retrieve Dini at 8am this morning. Sash clung to him for dear life and has not let go since. We even took him for our afternoon walk, something we have never done before.

It is Doug's birthday tomorrow. I have Sasha's present hidden away to be opened at dinner tomorrow. We thought of going out but I think it will be fun having a nice relaxing dinner at home. I will set the table, bung some lamb chops in the oven with some potatoes, toss a tomato and mozarella basil salad, stick a fire-hazard amount of candles on a nice blueberry pie, and open a bottle of champers. That way we get to have a nice dinner and Sash can run around free. On Friday, when Sash is at day care we plan on catching a movie matinee. Before that we need to get to the shops to get lights and decorations for Halloween, candy, top soil and mulch to prepare our garden for winter and plant the bulbs before the frost. All this before the weekend...wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippy Belated Burpday Doug!!! Many hippy returns!

Sof, can you wait for the crocusses bulbs? I am snowed under.... I can only trek it to the post office on Monday, it may take another week before they get to you... Is that too late?

Hugs.

Nina

Wondering Nomad said...

Nina, not to worry. Have allocated a space which we will dig up so we can place bulbs in anytime so will not be too late. Its been raining anyway so no chance of frost. How is the moving coming along?

rara_avis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG! Many many happy returns.

Loving the pix of Sash - she looks so adorable!