Monday, November 26, 2007

Postscript: Better luck next time

The Bombers lost. It was close. But close aint gonna get you the Grey Cup ring buddy! On a bright note, we had excellent nosh. Crudites and dip, some cheese concoction with crackers, yummy beef stew and mushrooms wiped up with home made bread, and vanilla ice cream heaped on to a slab of fresh apple pie (apples grown in Aunt H's garden).

It was quite strange watching the Bombers play as the team comprised mainly blacks (although you can say blacks here..but not in the US..well, not anymore). I had to ask Doug and Aunt H whether the players were imported. They believed most were Americans. They asked why I was asking. I told them on my few brief visits here I have yet to see a black (or is it African Canadian?) person. They reassured me there were..but I noticed a glint of uncertainty in their eyes...like they were trying to figure out when they had seen one last. I am sure there must be...about the same number to make up a football team.

1 comment:

'Life of an Arian' said...

eh can i just cubit here or not damn cute laaaaaaaa......

muah muah muah n gigit as well please!

a.yoya