It is strange to think that other than the trip to Zoo, the wedding and the Sydney Museum, we have not had the itch to go into the city. I find things here more expensive so there is no point is shopping. Other then the odd swimsuit and hat for the kids, that admittedly are just too adorable to pass up (although more expensive), we have not really bothered to buy anything. I still have a ways to go before I can say I have lost the preggy fat so am not interested in buying clothes, and well, Doug will wear the same $5 T-Shirt till it disintegrates. Back to Santa. We are at that stage in life where we either perpetuate the Santa belief that is starting to dawn on Sash, let her dream the dream or we shoot down the dream and instill in her the realities of life..at age 2. I think we are going to strike a balance. No cookies and milk left out near the fireplace, but we will let her believe there is always potential for magic in life. We cant do the whole cookies and milk thing anyway as we will more often than not be away from our fireplace at Christmas. If we are not in Asia, then we will be in middle Canada where D's Dad does set out the cookies and milk. All the rellies on D's side have sent the kids their presents to our home, labelled "From Santa", so even if we wanted to shoot Santa, we would face some major opposition. As a kid, living in the States, I must admit that I sort of believed in Santa although it wasn't really part of my upbringing. My Mum didn't exactly let me disbelieve either as we had a Christmas tree every year. And presents. D was initially worried that I would not be a part of the whole Santa conspiracy as he really wants Sasha and Dylan to have fun with Santa, as much fun as he did. I told D that considering that I believed in the tooth fairy, spent ages sniffing around toadstools in my garden for fairies and was convinced that my house must, just had to, have a couple of secret passageways, whats a few years of Santa. So we are going the Santa route. Although this year Santa has left all her presents in her brick house in Toronto as he didnt want to risk sending them to someone else by mistake in Phuket. She is very impressed with his thoughtfulness.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Family Fun Day
Last Saturday Coogee held its annual Family Fun Day. I was interested in taking Sasha to see Santa Claus on the beach to save the trip into the city. It was however too hot so after taking in a few rides, the haunted house, the show, and a couple of snowcones, we called it a morning and headed back to the hotel pool to have a swim, indoors. Good thing we did as the UV levels were later announced to be extreme.





It is strange to think that other than the trip to Zoo, the wedding and the Sydney Museum, we have not had the itch to go into the city. I find things here more expensive so there is no point is shopping. Other then the odd swimsuit and hat for the kids, that admittedly are just too adorable to pass up (although more expensive), we have not really bothered to buy anything. I still have a ways to go before I can say I have lost the preggy fat so am not interested in buying clothes, and well, Doug will wear the same $5 T-Shirt till it disintegrates. Back to Santa. We are at that stage in life where we either perpetuate the Santa belief that is starting to dawn on Sash, let her dream the dream or we shoot down the dream and instill in her the realities of life..at age 2. I think we are going to strike a balance. No cookies and milk left out near the fireplace, but we will let her believe there is always potential for magic in life. We cant do the whole cookies and milk thing anyway as we will more often than not be away from our fireplace at Christmas. If we are not in Asia, then we will be in middle Canada where D's Dad does set out the cookies and milk. All the rellies on D's side have sent the kids their presents to our home, labelled "From Santa", so even if we wanted to shoot Santa, we would face some major opposition. As a kid, living in the States, I must admit that I sort of believed in Santa although it wasn't really part of my upbringing. My Mum didn't exactly let me disbelieve either as we had a Christmas tree every year. And presents. D was initially worried that I would not be a part of the whole Santa conspiracy as he really wants Sasha and Dylan to have fun with Santa, as much fun as he did. I told D that considering that I believed in the tooth fairy, spent ages sniffing around toadstools in my garden for fairies and was convinced that my house must, just had to, have a couple of secret passageways, whats a few years of Santa. So we are going the Santa route. Although this year Santa has left all her presents in her brick house in Toronto as he didnt want to risk sending them to someone else by mistake in Phuket. She is very impressed with his thoughtfulness.
It is strange to think that other than the trip to Zoo, the wedding and the Sydney Museum, we have not had the itch to go into the city. I find things here more expensive so there is no point is shopping. Other then the odd swimsuit and hat for the kids, that admittedly are just too adorable to pass up (although more expensive), we have not really bothered to buy anything. I still have a ways to go before I can say I have lost the preggy fat so am not interested in buying clothes, and well, Doug will wear the same $5 T-Shirt till it disintegrates. Back to Santa. We are at that stage in life where we either perpetuate the Santa belief that is starting to dawn on Sash, let her dream the dream or we shoot down the dream and instill in her the realities of life..at age 2. I think we are going to strike a balance. No cookies and milk left out near the fireplace, but we will let her believe there is always potential for magic in life. We cant do the whole cookies and milk thing anyway as we will more often than not be away from our fireplace at Christmas. If we are not in Asia, then we will be in middle Canada where D's Dad does set out the cookies and milk. All the rellies on D's side have sent the kids their presents to our home, labelled "From Santa", so even if we wanted to shoot Santa, we would face some major opposition. As a kid, living in the States, I must admit that I sort of believed in Santa although it wasn't really part of my upbringing. My Mum didn't exactly let me disbelieve either as we had a Christmas tree every year. And presents. D was initially worried that I would not be a part of the whole Santa conspiracy as he really wants Sasha and Dylan to have fun with Santa, as much fun as he did. I told D that considering that I believed in the tooth fairy, spent ages sniffing around toadstools in my garden for fairies and was convinced that my house must, just had to, have a couple of secret passageways, whats a few years of Santa. So we are going the Santa route. Although this year Santa has left all her presents in her brick house in Toronto as he didnt want to risk sending them to someone else by mistake in Phuket. She is very impressed with his thoughtfulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment