Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Make my day



So, this morning as I was changing Dylan's diaper, I had to turn away for one second to get a bunch of new ones from the bottom of his changing table. Next thing I know, he is spraying an impressive arc of pee into his own face. What made me totally crack up was the look on his face as he was vigorously shaking his head from side to side to avoid his own spray. It was this make it stop, make it stop look, combined with confusion and helplessness. I could have covered his little willy to make it stop..but I was otherwise occupied with laughing out loud. One day, when he is accepting his nobel prize in Stockholm, I will remember this morning when my baby boy peed in his own face. This and yesterday's incident when he discovered he had another thumb while he was sucking one already. The look of confusion, wonderment followed by absolute glee as he figures out that his other fist contains another thumb. Priceless I tell you.

I have been planning to head out to the shops round the corner to get myself one of those puffy jackets that will keep you warm hiking the Antararctic. Father in law gave me cash for Christmas (nice of him eh). I have been putting off getting "real" winter wear because I am still unconvinced we will be staying here permanently what with my inability to get a position and our track record of moving..and I really do have enough jackets. I usually use the shearling coat we bought in Milan in anticipation of our move to NY when weather gets bad but I find it too heavy (thing must weigh 10 pounds) and a draft seems to find its way in through the button closures. Not overly practical. But it is -19 outside. So I now have to figure out what to wear to enable me to buy something to wear in this weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halley: He is sooooo adorable....

Wondering Nomad said...

Thanks Halley. I think so tooo..sometimes so much so that I could just SQUISH him.