Sunday, June 14, 2009

On the road again..



D is in Kingston at a conference. We leave for Milan on Tuesday evening. If all goes well, D should be back just in time to park the car and wait for the airport limo. If all does not go well, he may be just in time to meet us at the airport and I will have to load up the two kiddies, a stroller, luggage and a car seat myself. If all goes terribly wrong, I am to get to Milan first and he will catch the first flight out. Fingers crossed.

As I type this Sash is watching a Barbie DVD, I think it is called Mermadia. A fluff movie comprising fairies, mermaids and cute furry pets. Sasha heaven. Dylan is wrecking the room. He has spread the mini Ritz crackers all over the carpet and is systematically crushing them with his bum. He will get bored of that and want to climb onto the sofa where his sister is. He has to be and do wherever and whatever Sasha is doing. He has been cruising like the devil for the past 6 weeks but is getting frustrated that he cannot walk yet. So we have to walk him all over the place. My back is killing me. He has started opening drawers and getting into cupboards. he has broken one glass and a bowl. He is proving to be an almighty handful. But still rather entertaining.

I bought some peanut butter and grape jelly this morning thinking I would take it along with me to Italy/Switzerland as PBJs seem to be the only thing Dylan will eat. He has improved vastly and is able to eat little pieces of the sandwich. He still mainly survives on milk but at least he is able to chew and swallow bread. He still refuses to have any mushed food so I have all but given up on that. But then I thought what the hell am I doing? I am going to Italy and taking along jars of peanut butter and jelly. I am now convinced that I have lived in North America way too long. So I took the jars out of the luggage and Dylan will just have to learn to like pasta or milk it will be. Well, at least it will be Swiss milk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dylan is delish! I want to spread PBJ on him and eat him. Yum!

but he sounds like hardwork.... the kind of boy I like:)

*dream*

Kisses. Nina xxx

rara_avis said...

hahhahah

Ms J said...

nina..lol!! i like boys tha are 'hard work' too..it's a great challenge to conquer..but not diaper clad boys! knowwharramean?

sofie..have a good trip..your kids have more stamps on their passport than the average adult.