We were in Chicago for the weekend. I was presenting a paper on private equity to an audience of probably 15 people when D received an email from our lawyers confirming transfer of funds and title. Pretty much the most uneventful closing ever. But yes, The Dot is officially ours. We have redeemed a plane-load of airmiles and booked our tix and will be there for one whole month from mid-July. We have to be back here by mid-August as D has to be in Germany, so our initiation as cottage owners will be short. To celebrate the closing, D and I decided that we had to have kick-ass deck furniture. Somewhere we would enjoy sitting as we enjoy the view and morning coffee. Mind you, because the weather will fluctuate from high 90s in the Summer to minus 30s in the winter, the furniture has to pretty hardy to say the least. And no, the cottage isnt heated or insulated so there will be no point in storing the furniture indoors. I dont believe in buying disposable furniture when I dont need to (especially when it will probably cost more than we save to dispose of the furniture)so in view of the fact that the cottage already comes furnished down to the cutlery, I decided to splurge on something new. So we settled on a couple of these..

Okay, I have to admit that we didnt have to look far. There is a Restoration Hardware down the street so we just settled for something we liked without putting too much effort into it. And they will deliver to the mainland dock/garage that we have so that was also a bonus. We only bought a pair, and hopefully we will buy a couple more or the sofa next year..depends on how much we can afford. We shall see..
I must say that I really like Chicago. I love the riverfront bistros, the museums, the architecture..I dare say that I prefer it to NYC. I know the kids loved Chicago..

Dylan splasing in Millennium Park

Sasha and her new American Girl, Riana Rose...
No comments:
Post a Comment