Thursday, October 28, 2004

Colonial Cool

There I was, watching a rerun of Friends last night, while simultaneously flipping through the most recent edition of Time Europe and munching on my dinner (Doritos Natural style nacho chips) when lo and behold, I spot an article on KL, Colonial Cool. Good ole KL. With all its fab restaurants. KL, eclectic at its best. I remember when they started work on the row of shops on Jalan Doraisamy (a.k.a. Asian Heritage Row). I remember trying out the bakery that had just opened as my office was opposite Sheraton. I remember thinking that it would be difficult to attract the cool bars becuase of the constant threat of roadblocks. How wrong I was. And how strange everything will be when I go back in January.

7 comments:

mangolisa said...

have to check this out when I am back next month :-)

Wondering Nomad said...

Lisa, tell us how you find KL when you get back..well, since you were last there. Rara, I can't wait to schedule a long wine sharing session with you...hopefully you will be in KL while I am there.

Vlad said...

To think back, then Jalan Doraisamy was only known for the mamaks.

Wondering Nomad said...

Tu lah. I remember trying out all the cheopo stalls around that area if we got bored eating at kampung baru ikan bakar stall (I think I miss that stall more than I miss my parents).

mangolisa said...

I miss the ikan bakar and all the sambals!!!

Wondering Nomad said...

Omigod, then you must go to Gerai in Kampung Baru, near the pintu gerbang. It is on right as you enter pintu gerbang area, forgot the name though...I think 3 stalls down... But if you during lunch you wont miss it as it is packed. 1 ikan bakar all to yourself, rice, their masak asam pedas, sambal belacan and petai/ulam..and a drink...RM5. I tell you, syiok!!

mangolisa said...

mmmmm my mouth is flooded -- I think I shoudl get some tuna steak and grill it and make rica rica sauce on top.