It is only by coincidence that I am back here with the family to celebrate Raya Haji. I came back here primarily to tell my parents in person (post phone call that informed them of the existence of a boyfriend...heh..) about my intention to get hitched to a man they have never met (they are desperate hence blessings) and to tell my Daddy, again in person, that I have a boyfriend/fiancee (I did not have his mobile number hence no phone call). I have his blessings too. I think. I was eating my mango with pulut desert as he gave his rather long lecture on communication...lalalala...duties of wife..lalalala..importance of something or rather...desert finished...You have my blessings. Cool. Can you pass me the cendol?
I also came back to help my sis plan her wedding. Or rather to provide moral support as she desperately tried to convey her wish of a small intimate ceremony. I coached her on standing her ground, showing no weakness, and maintaining a stand. We are in a war, I told her. I failed. She caved in and agreed to a small bersanding. What started out as a 200 persons guest list with casual wear is in danger of escalating to the 700 ball room affair...just because she compromised on that minute issue. I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough (sung to the tune of Just Once). As my Mum rattles on about cousins of friends who she just hassss to invite..I quietly hum "We've only just begun". I spend my days bugging my sis, and my nights scaring my future brother in law with stories or laser circumcisions gone wrong. How with one small technical error, we may be talking quantity, not quality.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Heyya Sof,
Selamat Hari Raya Haji & Welcome back.
How long will you be here? Till then, enjoy the pisang goreng!
Heyya Sof,
Selamat Hari Raya Haji & Welcome back.
How long will you be here? Till then, enjoy the pisang goreng!
KaiserSoze
hey..didnt know you are back in KL...
welcome back!
when bersanding is involved.. you can forget about the 200 invite..rule no.1
Post a Comment