Wednesday, January 19, 2005

KLite again

I have been munching on Goreng Pisang alllll week. Yup, you guessed it, I am back in KL!! I left Sydney with tears in my eyes, took a flight out to Melbourne, then Bangkok, then KL. Went via Thai airways. Not too bad. Again, no personal screens and bad food (I have a thing about day old omelets) but good service. Sawadikaps galore. I must add that Bangkok Airport is fantabulous and I nearly missed my flight what with being preoccupied at the Jim Thompson store at gate 21, while my plane was at gate 56. I am now a firm believer that all airports should have shops all the way to the departure gate. Must start movement.

I arrived late, only to be greeted by my cheerful aunt and equally cheerful Mum (men had Friday prayers). My first thought was...Oh no..I knew I should have taken the train. Don't get me wrong. I love my Mum to bits. And she is not a bad driver...but lets put it this way, my Dad finds it cheaper to hire a driver. I am pretty sure my Mum inspired his new car replacement programme business (like AAM but you get a replacement car when you have an accident). I was greeted by kisses (bless) and onion breath (they claim they wanted coffee but were to embarrassed to only buy that at Burger King (what will the counter boy think??!!) so they each had to order french fries and onion rings). We spent ages looking for the car..we not only ended up on wrong floor, but the wrong car park! I was blamed for leading them to wrong car park. I reminded them that I was not in the car when they parked it. They filled me in on happenings, with conversation only interrupted when other cars start honking us (Mum and loyal aunt will then have a rant about stupid drivers) and as I secure my seat belt in the back seat. We got home 3 hours later (we HAD to stop at FAM for kuey teow because they decided I should have it for lunch). I should have taken the train.

So far I have been spending quality time with Mum which includes watching some Philippine soap opera and catching up on family goss. 3 aunts are not talking to another aunt because she casually mentioned the ending of same soap opera which she found out herself from surfing the net. I have been getting into the swing of life at home, like taking maid to TMC to do shopping...at 9am..sigh. That sort of thing. I have been catching up with friends I have missed terribly. Just hanging out. Things I missed, and will miss after 1 Feb. Thoughts are a bit disjointed at the moment because maid is frying goreng pisang, and I can smell it. Gotta go.

1 comment:

mangolisa said...

awww me want kway teow and goreng pisang panas too!!! And I miss TMC hehehehehehe do they still have that pisang goreng stall outside? OHH and Berjaya's dendeng must have berjaya's dendeng!!!