Wednesday, November 15, 2006





Spent the morning in Yorkville...again. Yesterday was "Culture day" and today, as I have told S, is "Handbag day". I have been on the hunt for that transition handbag, which is smaller than a diaper bag, yet large enough to stuff in a bottle and a diaper, maybe even a small bottle of strained organic mangoes and pears. Not an easy task for many reasons. It has to be durable enough for those milk spills. It cannot be too "precious" due to those same milk spills. I am short hence for me, there is a fine line between handbag and handluggage. It needs to be roomy, yet small-ish. It needs to be zipped up as am wary of pick-pockets and things falling out as handbag is stuffed under plane seat. It is to be my Christmas pressie from D. He doesn't know this yet. We have an arrangement where we buy birthday and Christmas presents in advance, whenever something catches our eye (preferably somewhere we can claim back taxes paid). My birthday is after Christmas, but D bought my present last July. I will probably get him his Christmes present in India, where he will fall in love with some ridiculously ugly and ornate sculpture/painting/piece of furniture that I will hate (ok, detest), but will also love (ok, tolerate) because of his enthusiasm. My compromise will be my Christmas present. My buying said ugly souvenir will be his birthday present 2007. My having to put up with his "Isn't that (insert ornate sculpture/painting/piece of furniture) just awesome!!" ev-e-ry-time he looks at it is priceless.

No comments: