I found my old belly ring in a handbag I have not used for a while. A long while as I took the ring off in my second trimester. I am wearing my old belly ring and old handbag today. I remember getting my belly button pierced a few days after a fairly traumatic break-up. I say fairly in hindsight, but back then I was devastated, shattered, lost. I wonder if I will remember today, re-insertion day, just as vividly as I remember piercing day. While I am happy that I can actually see the ring when I look in the mirror, I am still dissatisfied with my lack of motivation to lose extra weight. I am still in my maternity Sevens, but then they are very comfortable. I know I should get a pair of non-maternity jeans, but who has time to shop. I have yet to go shopping on my own with Sash in tow. What do I do with the stroller when I enter the fitting room? I have the same problem when I travel on my own and need to take my luggage to the loo. Why can't they install, in addition to the Handicapped stall, a "With luggage" stall. I admit that sometimes I do use the much larger Handicapped stall when I don't think it is advisable to leave my luggage on their own outside the stall, but I have this fear that I will be depriving someone in her minute of need. Which is worse, to be the one caught using the Handicapped stall or the one with the suspicious luggage that is being surrounded by the airport security?
Tip of the day: If you intend to join the mile high club, use the handicapped loo on the plane. Alot more space.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I cannot get into any of my Sevens (pre pregnancy) and surely, never again. I lost all my pregger weight 3 months after Milla was born, but my 2nd pregnancy (which I lost..sadly) put on tons of weight (heavens explain) which are not shifting no matter what I do. They are all over my backside (which means,... sexy jeans prohibitive) and waist. Thick layer of skin.
I have same problem with going to the loo. This is Holland, everything is so dinky (cost saving mentality) including loo. Once I took Milla in with me (in Baby Bjorn attached) as I had no other solution. Now, she suffers from separation anxiety, and cant be looked after (for a few seconds) by admiring grandmas..so...I have to learn bladder management.
I haven't (of late) tried flying with her. Alone that is. I can only imagine, this would be a nightmarish experience. You are lucky, Sasha is growing up with airports as her playspace, she is probably much more 'relaxed' compared to my 'toddler'...
You dont want to know how large my arse is. I am the personification of the word 'pear-shaped'...Yeah, J-lo, eat your heart out!
p.s Never pierced belly button... Although once considered a tattoo (water lillies) on my tummy. Imagine if I had gone for that? Would be wobbley water lillies on fatty water wouldn't it?
Nina
Once again, I wrote you a love letter.
(I am cheap like that)
sorry.
Had a tatoo, yes i did but no piercing (would love to try one day!)
hayooo N, if you are pear-shaped, i am 'buah nagka'!
angeleyes..send me pic of your tattoo..sounds coolio, i am tempted to have one but jim thinks i am trying to reclaim my youth and so, doing it for the wrong reasons:-)
sophie, you dont look round at all from the photos i had of you postpregger!
Hi Nina. Sorry to hear about your second baby. I know what you mean by backside residual fat. I rememer swimming last summer and feeling irritated by backside bouncing up and down. Water lillies...cool. Loev your love letters!
Angel Eyes, Where/what did you tattoo? Thought of tattoo but am too fickle and would probably regret permanent pattern within 5 minutes.
Ms J...admittedly not round but there is definitely more to me than before. Would just like to fit into old clothes....
Sof, your bum still bounces when you swim. Good sign. There's still hope for you!
Mine is acting more like a very heavy, strong, secure and reliable anchor...
Nxx
p.s I gave up on going into old clothes. resorted to cheaper alternatives. Thank god the glamour days are over eh?!
Post a Comment