Friday, September 07, 2007
Time out
Sash has been her usual precocious self today. I am usually able to tolerate her flinging her yogurt laden spoon across the floor for the umpteenth time most mornings. Today however she did it over and over again as she looked directly into my eyes...with a little grin. Made me think I should have named her Damien. I initiated her first time out. As I growled "Do not throw!", I took her out of her high chair and placed her in the corner. She stayed, looked down and played with her belly button. As I moved to clean the mess up, she ran after me. I stood up, pointed to the corner and said "Stay"..she laughed, ran back and stayed..for a while. Then she realised she could sit down and play with the carpet....and then run up to me again. I placed her in her time out corner again. She ran back, I placed her again. She realised it could be turned into a game and rather enjoyed being carried. After half an hour I reminded her yet again that she should not throw things, made myself a cup of coffee and ignored her while I drank it. Why oh why did I ever give up smoking....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hahahaha..no, that is a stuffed animal that belongs to my father in law. He has a house full of them, from the ever so normal life size orangutan to th emore mundane life size blue cheetah..dont ask..suffice it to say Sash loooves his house. You know, as a kid I really wanted a tiger cub.
Post a Comment