Monday, July 28, 2008



D bought Sasha a snazzy little coupe as she seems to gravitate towards similar makes when we are over at the neighbours. We thought she might like to, you know, just sit in it in the garden, or maybe the driveway. She absolutely and truly loves it!! So much so that for the past 2 mornings and evenings, D has had to push it around the block for her "drives". She sticks her baby in the back and away they go. I think he is about ready to pay someone the exact amount he paid for it (if not double) to take it off our hands. We are kidding of course. We know that her life will drastically change in a couple of weeks so we are making the extra effort to make it as smooth a transition as possible. We realise that we have to start figuring out "special" things that only she, the big sister, will be able to do. So I am looking into signing her up for gym classes in September and D will take her to swimming classes in the Winter. Just Daddy and Sasha. Their special time. The fact that I am not too keen on wearing a bikini so soon after childbirth and the water may be freezing has nothing to do with my delegating this special task to D.

This morning Sasha and I headed to J's driveway which is across the street to wish him bon voyage. J and his parents are going to spend the week at a friend's cottage. J's Mum mentioned that she and L, her next door neighbour and also S's Mum (S being the only other female toddler within the 3 house radius that seems to be the centre of our Universe) have been discussing our situation and what they should do in the event I go into labour late at night. J has a nanny so it has been decided that one of the parents will come over to ours when we call either family for help at night or early morning and the nanny will take care of Sash and J if D needs to be at the hospital with me during the day. I swear, I have the sweetest neighbours. I reassured them that my parents will be arriving on the 6th of August (Yay!!) so I am planning to keep my legs crossed til then. But it is a relief to know that we have a back-up plan in the event that Dylan wants out early. R, another neighbour thinks I will deliver this Wednesday. Yes, I am that big and ungainly...

Did I mention that Sash's Tot and Nek are planning to come to TO for the birth? We are excited and extremely touched that they are willing to fly halfway round the world to be with us. D is trying his best to get as much work out of the way so he can play tour guide while I am trying to figure out if our cable service includes football/soccer matches... Sash, well, she is saving her bananas for Tot, or rather using Tot as an excuse to not eat her bananas.

3 comments:

Ms J said...

oh you lucky girl - to have family over all the way from KL!

i cant wait to sign JR up for gym classes but we can only do this at the Spring intake when he's over two..i hear it will make the tinytots grow tall real quick..all that jumping around!

this wednesday??? too soon! incubate summore! make sure D has my email add to notify us of the arrival of Dylan ok

Anonymous said...

Love that auto!

You seemed to be well organised for the arrival of the new bundle of joy!

The little gym is very good for Milla and I think Sasha will love it too. I take Milla to her gym classes since she was 9 months old (www.thelittlegym.com) and being an American chain, they have been very professional and structured in their lessons. May be they have one in TO too?!

Milla is bored of the routine now so I have taken her out of their summer programme and may be will go back in winter.

Right now, everything outdoors is much more fun for her.

I will do my utmost to call this weekend before things get hectic. Your neighbours sound really civilised and genuine. I guess, the world reflects/give back what you give out...

Love and hugs,
Nina xxx
p.s sorry that I am still using your comment boxes as email programmes!

Wondering Nomad said...

Ms J, will get all email addresses together for D. Yup, we are pretty happy that the parental unit will be here with us.

Nxxx, the funny thing we are more worried about Sasha than Dylan. For example, the only things we have really prepared for him are some diapers and pacifiers. Poor kid. Sasha goes to this Kidnasium gym setup. She started at 18 months and loves it. I didnt sign her up for the Summer session either because we figured she might as well enjoy other outdoor activities. In September we are thinking of signing her up for the Fall session drop off classes where I do not have to be with her, and that way she will get used to having classes on her own.