Thursday, November 11, 2004

I'm back

I'm back. Back in Sydney. Back on Coogee Beach. Back to blogging. I have been out of commission for the past few days. Jet lag believe it or not. I am just trying to sort out body clock so that I am not wide awake from 12 midnight to sun-up and sound asleep at 3pm. Good thing that Doug is so very sympathetic as he stays up with me. He will at 2am make G&Ts as i set up the scrabble board. By 2.05 we have our first 3 letter word argument, with me insisting that Canadian English does not exist and will not be tolerated in the game. We are at this moment discussing trading and leverage rules in the event we decide to buy a Monopoly board. Looking at the terms we are negotiating, I suspect that Monopoly will be a big mistake. Example: Doug: Of course we have to set trading rules as the outcome of the game can easily be established by a simple calculation of odds on the computer if we don't. So in the event one party has the one property needed to make a parcel, the other party has the option to purchase said property for not more than double the value. Me: Agreed. However, we must also allow for leveraging so an interest rate has to be set before the game. Doug: Agreed. By the way, do you have a preference for high end property? Me: I think that the best strategy is to go lower to mid range investments, although a hit on the Park Lane properties can wipe you out. Doug: Cool. Loser makes dinner.

********

Other than playing scrabble all night, I have been enjoying the weather hee. Sunny but not too hot (yet). So warm, so bright, so sunny, so unlike Tilburg.

********

On a tangent, try not to fly Austrian Air for long haul flights. The chairs are comfortable, but the food is bland (they do have the best bread I have ever had on a flight) and horror of horrors, they only had 2 new movies. If you are on a 22 hour flight, have a headache hence cant read the book you brought, this can be I am quite sure deemed as a crime agaisnt humanity.

1 comment:

Wondering Nomad said...

Yes Yam, Austrain bread is the only reason I did not throw myself out of plane. Well that and trying tofigure out how some rather voluptious stewardess could fit into the 501 jeans uniform whereas I have yet to find a decent pair of Levis.

I tend to go for slum lord strategy, but in most of the games I have played the hioty toity properties are bought up.