I was never one of those girls who dreamed of getting married, who planned their wedding(s) at age 8, and who thought marriage would complete me. I didnt want children. I quite enjoyed serial monogomy. I couldn't imagine being tied down to one person forever. I thought that seeing the same person everyday would just bore me to death. While I still have doubts about this whole concept of marriage and lifelong commitment, I cannot say that being married to D will bore me anytime soon. A sample of our conversations at home this last week...
On laundry
Me: (Shouting from basement) D, you do realise that I do the wash once a week, on Saturdays?!
D: (From dining table, doing work)Uh-huh
Me: You know this has been going on since January...don't you?
D: Uh-huh
Me: So can you explain to me why I am only washing 4 pairs of your boxers?
D: Oh, yah...I think that's because I only have 4 pairs...
Me: Huh? So what do you do the rest of the days? No, wait....I don't want to know.
D: Hmmm, well.....OK, I'll just go to Gap and get a couple more
Me: Yah, you do that....Wait..are you wearing..
D: Bye honeybunny..(Slams door)
Me: ...underwear....
On cooking
D: I'm hungry. Can you cook me some of your noodles please? Oh wait...maybe I should watch you so that I know what to do next time..
Me: (In total shock as we have been eating instant noodles every week at least twice a week for, like, forever). I'm not feeling great. Can you cook it yourself. Noodles are in the pantry..
D: Cool.
Me: Take small pan, fill 3/4 water..
D: Filtered or unfiltered?
Me: Your choice..
D: Ok.
Me: Put on fire, put in spices, wait for water to boil, put in noodles.
D: That sounds easy enough. Wow, like now I can cook us dinner. (Minutes later). OK, noodles are in.
Me: Put in an egg
D: Ok
Me: Uh, break the egg
D: Oh-oh.....
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment