
Its this all-in-one learning system for toddlers which is a new arrival at my fave kiddie shop round the corner. I just found the idea so simple, yet ingenious. I had to get it especially since it was only $39.99. Basically, this bag is divided into 4 sections, one for each of the basic skills: alphabet, numbers, shapes and colours. Each section has fully coordinated teaching charts, flash cards, board books and foam puzzles.



Now, dont get me wrong. I am not pushing, nor expecting, Sasha to learn to read before her 2nd birthday. I do want to continuously stimulate her though. I believe IQ is part of a person's genetic make-up and I don't believe that forcing her to learn things at the level that I think she should be learning will help her in any way. I think it may just harm her actually. So for now we are just doing the puzzles, which she is enjoying. She has the attention span of a gnat so the flash cards are put away rather quickly. She will tolerate the books. As we do the puzzles and laugh as she tries to push an octagon into the triangle space with all her might, while I have no idea what she is thinking or what her IQ level is, I do know that she will do just fine in this world as she obviously has more than sufficient imagination and determination. And I believe very strongly that with enough imagination, and with determination, you can conquer the world if you want to.

No comments:
Post a Comment