Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter treats

Easter weekend started on the Friday for us, where we found this parked across the street. We now know how the bunny gets around...



I spent the morning looking for some plastic eggs and chocolate bunnies for Sash's first egg hunt (And before I get nasty comments, I celebrate any holiday that involves chocolate). I was not about to boil and paint eggs, mainly because I hate the taste of hard boiled eggs and also I am not keen on having some random stray egg stinking up the house months later. After stocking up on those essential items, we headed out to L's for a play date. S, L's dot had taken out her toys to share, and R was there with W. V, my immediate neighbour popped by but had left S her 9 month old son with his new nanny. She is starting work soon and has hired a nanny as it is not that much more than full time day care. Also, as a lawyer, she will not be able to pick up S at 5.30 sharp and if she adds up the overtime at $1-2 a minute, the nanny was the only way to go. She is worried though that S will not be able to have playdates with the non-nanny charges as there is some unwritten code that Mums have play groups among Mums, while Nannies have their own playgroups. Something to do with dynamics. Reeks of some form of -ism to me. I had warned L that I am semi-human before my morning Java so she had asked R, her husband, to make the coffee. She does not drink coffee. Huh? How is this possible? He also baked some loaves of bread for us to take home. And was the bread ever so delicious. I took some home for D, who asked if R knitted. I asked him why he was asking. He said that if he did he was going to march across the street to slap the man...making all the other husbands look bad. As it is, he religiously shovels the sidewalk, remodelled their kitchen himself, and looks damn good in tights (he was in the ballet). I told D I will ask L about the knitting..

On Saturday we decided to check out the Dinosaur exhibition at the ROM. We loved it. The ROM is so child friendly, with an excellent discovery centre where they can pretend to be paleontologists, dress up in costumes, touch fossils, and play with tea sets at the same time. Sash had to show Dini some of his ancestors...





The also have a tee pee in the discovery area where of course D was invited to play do-do...I was left outside taking the pics...



This morning, we woke up to glorious sun shine and the smell of coffee. I made a batch of blueberry pancakes and we had the egg hunt after breakfast. We then went to the local bakery to get some blueberry pie that I have been craving. We plan to just veg out and eat rubbish all day. Sash is still enthralled with her stash. I thought of asking her to share some of her chocs, but as you can see, I don't really need to pad the tummy more than it already is..cant believe I am 18 weeks already...halfway there baby, halfway there..

6 comments:

Ms J said...

aw..happy easter guys! Ask L is she'd like to swap husbands with a harrased frustrated surburban wife in Erie, Colorado who's husband this weekend veg out, refuse to take the bins out, forgets to clear the diaper genie, doesnt read to his son, watches Pulp Fiction while son is around, eats too much jelly beans and plays Guild War with son on lap.

tell her i will pay for R's flight here!

frustrated wife (and wants to get back on the pill right away)
Ms J

Anonymous said...

Your bump is looking good babe.

Happy Easter!
*feeling bloated from sugar consumption*

LOVE to all,
N, C& M

rara_avis said...

He bakes bread AND remodels kitchens himself? Where did the wife find him?!

WOW half way through - time seems to have passed by very quickly for the Bump!

Wondering Nomad said...

Hahahaha MsJ, I think the long weekend takes its toll on many wives.

Thanks N. It even has a racing stripe down the middle..

R, they went to ballet school together. Tu lah, what are the odds of finding a straight ballet dancer. It is going much faster with this one I think

Angel Eyes said...

Happy Easter babe!

Wow, looking good! :)

Wondering Nomad said...

Thanks Angel!!