Friday, March 14, 2008

This is what happens when Sasha is left to her own devices for 5 minutes...



She loves to draw with markers, especially her purple marker.



We had not anticipated her experimentation with body art. Luckily for us/her, the markers are washable.



She is ignoring her Dad as he reminds her rather forcefully that she is ONLY to draw on paper. She has so inherited the ability to zone out and think of England while being told off from me..this is what they call Karma.

We were thinking of giving her a time out, but we have yet to find a new time out corner. We discovered last night during a time out that she found a spot from the corner where she could sit and watch the TV from an angle, in effect making her time out rather entertaining. She continually drives us crazy, but damn she's entertaining.

We all went to the pre-natal clinic yesterday for another check-up and the second part of my blood work. The first part confirms that I do not have syphilis (does this still exist??), or any other nasty downers, that I have immunity for chicken pox, which will also protect PD (previously known as PJ but I am so over Javier and now the #1 preferred name is Dylan) and that there are no concerns as yet. They are still not taking any chances so on April 3 I will have another more detailed ultrasound to detect any spots in bladder or water in brain, that sort of thing. And oh yes, if I want to know the sex I can probably find out then. If??!! I don't think Dr S is aware of my penchant for instant gratification, how waiting for 9 months for something is bad enough, and not finding out the sex would probably drive me insane. It will be fun to find out the sex of PD on Sasha's birthday. It will be a second birthday present for her. We bought her first present at the Art Expo last weekend, an oil on canvas. We will hang it on her wall...I think...we have it in our living room now and it is beginning to look right at home there...hmmmmmm..





It is a painting of The Foxes, a group of islands in Georgian Bay, which is gorgeous, popular, therefore prohibitively expensive, cottage country close to Toronto. It may take us decades of extremely hard work to afford a piece of Georgian Bay, but at least for Sasha's second birthday we can give her a piece she will be able to take with her wherever she lands in her future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny. Milla also draws on her body! Children are so fascinating, it seems that human nature transgress geography and parental genes! (er...do you think both mums being malay make them behave similarly when it comes to independent and free use of marker pens?)

I LOVE that art you bought her. It makes Milla's loopfiet (that wooden bicycle thing) totally uncultured and limited in value for her 2nd birthday. sigh. I don't have original ideas:-))!! ha ha

p.s Yes, the great wall of cucina is now removed because she can climb!

LOVE.
Nina
p.s Dylan is tres sexy (and chic!)

Wondering Nomad said...

Hi Nina, I agree with you! Dylan is tres shagable, yet simple and relatively easy to spell over the phone.

Hmmm, perhaps we have some orang asli blood in us that makes our kids crave some form of body art. To be honest, I was rather relieved that she drew on herself than the walls...that would have really freaked me out.

Sweetie, this being N.America, the cool wooden bike Milla has would have cost us much more than the painting. And selfish reasons were involved..hahahaha.

rara_avis said...

Great Prez, great idea!
Body art looks divine, she has great potential to become a tatooist!