Sunday, June 22, 2008





We bought a bird feeder yesterday. It isn't the one that I liked most, but it was the most decent looking among the "anti-squirrel" line. In addition to TO being the raccoon capital of the world, we also have to contend with squirrels eating up birdseed and bulbs. Ah well, we are in their habitat.

I had Sasha help me with filling up the feeder. Of course alot of the seed ended up on the floor, but vacuuming is a small price to pay for her excitement in putting up her very own bird feeder. Of course within 5 seconds of putting it us she is asking where the birds are. Obviously the need for instant gratification comes from her Mum.



We also took her out to get her big girl panties. We have been asked by J at daycare to initiate potty training, as she is herself using this obsession with being a ballerinna to full use. So now, all ballerinnas tell J or Mummy and Daddy when they pee or want to poo, and they also wear ballerina panties and kushies (flannel lined waterproof panties to be used at daycare so that she feels wet, but pee does not get on the carpet). We found the kushies at ToysRUs, but had to get the panties at GapKids. Ok, I could have taken the subway downtown to get them at any of the many huge department stores, but being the lazy git that I am, I headed to our local Gap and bought the only option they had...set of 7 low rise bikini in XXS. So my dress obsessed kid will be potty trained using low rise bikinis with logos along the line of "Life's a beach" and "Gorgeous". She will so be in therapy soon. All the books tell us to get her involved in the process of getting the panties, but she was not interested and went about looking for more dresses. Doug bought her a green one that she approved of, she was not keen on a purple one that was on sale...seriously, she is only TWO. So on Monday, we begin the torture of potty training.

7 comments:

Ms J said...

awww...the birdfeeder looks lovely and i am still amazed at house you keep your living room tidy and toy-free!

wow, big girl panties...she's growing up fast!

Wondering Nomad said...

Big girl low rise panties no less...hahahaha. I find the trick to minimising clutter is storage, storage, storage. The coffee table behind Sash has 4 pull out bins and 4 drawers for her toys, colours etc. Also, most of her toys are in the basement, where we also have the toy closet we can chuck her toys when it gets too overwhelmingly messy. We plan on hiding the junk until we can have a massive garage sale in 10 years!!

Anonymous said...

lovely garden you have there Sof! I love peonies and yours look supremely well looked after!

We have bees feasting on some yellow flowers I have in my back garden and for some unknown reason, Milla is completely obsessed about watching the bees.

I am sure the birds will come! and bon courage avec le potty training. we started it but not in full force (depending on how we feel:-)) so far, Milla has been good in telling us about pee pee and poo'ed twice successfully in the potty. But ....she is not completely off her pampers yet...

I need to learn from you so all advice is welcomed.

xxxxxxN

Wondering Nomad said...

I should get advice from you!! we have only just passed the monumental hurdle of buying the underwear...we have yet to go through the DRAMA of getting her to wear them.

I like peonies too...except we have learned that it is better to prop them up.

'Life of an Arian' said...

hey sis,
when r u due? i think Nek & Tot want to babysit Sash & of coss meet their new cucu.

There r off to S.Africa on the 25th and to TO if they all jadi. Let me knw....love to Doug & a huge big pink hug & 'butterfffyy' kisses to cacak for me.

love you,

Wondering Nomad said...

Hi sis, The docs say 20 Aug but according to Gord, Doug's Dad, because Sasha was 2 weeks early, there is huge possibility of Dylan coming early..maybe even 2 weeks early. Spoke to Mum and Dad and suggested mid Aug so that they dont have to be away from you guys that long (hahahaha) and if lucky be able to be here before and during birth..but not the boring after part.They have to see cause of meetings and they will be in S.Africa late July so might be a bit difficult to travel around the world. Also, can you ask them not to bring the Amway confinement herb stuff. This is IT, NO MORE, FACTORY CLOSED, so dont need womb etc to recover...hahahaha...also damn difficult to put that kunyit bekong on.

Anonymous said...

I loev teh kunyit bekong bit (he he busy body me!)

p.s Yes Peonies look better in garden when propped up. I propped my ONLY one, blossom of peony up. now it has withered only the stick is there, until next year:-))
Nxxx