Monday, June 30, 2008



Sasha will be going on a field trip today. Her first ever, with her daycare mates. They are not venturing far, just the splash pad in the park which is about oh, 200 metres from her daycare. Still, it is her first trip, a milestone for US, and so Doug and I were quite excited last night getting her stuff ready. Her swim suit, a huge towel, her hat, swimmer diapers and her water shoes. We took her to the same splash pad last Thursday for a swim but we let her walk and splash around barefoot. J however insisted that we get her water shoes or Crocs as she will not let the kids go barefooted in the park....she does have a way of making us aware of our rather blase parenting. So yesterday afternoon I insisted that Doug come along for the shoe shopping expedition as I find it a bit too tiresome..and we ended up with a pair each.



Mine cost 18 bucks, while hers cost 30 bucks? Seriously, how is that logical?

After the shoe shopping expedition, we decided to let her cool own in the back yard in her own pool. In addition to her little house, her sandbox/picnic table, and her slide, we have added to the plastic junk collection in the backyard by adding a paddle pool.



She absolutely loves taking a dip, then running into her house, then taking a dip again.



And we love watching her doing this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous house and gorgeous dipping pool.

We bought Milla an inflatable one and she only used it once. The weather hasn't been warm enough recently. Sigh.

Surely Sash will love her field trip! We want to see photos!

p.s Those crocs are excessively price right? Then again, I love them on little kids. I bought the Mary Jane version of it for Milla this summer. And I think the price is totally unjustified, but the cute factor is overwhelming :-) You at least have yoru hormones as an excuse for the purchase, I only have 'fashion victim' label to live with... oh well.
It is lovely to have girls, don't you think?

Wondering Nomad said...

Hi Nina,

We have raccoons so inflatable toys are a no go. In fact, pool was half the price of Crocs...and uses like 1000% more plastic..go figure. But yes, you are right, cute factor overwhelming. I find that with all girly apparel. I am so not motivated to buy Dylan any clothes...poor kid.