I am in my 34th week of pregnancy. I think I am. Funny how with Sasha, I could at the drop of a hat, tell you how many days along I was. With this one, I basically know my due date (which I thought was 20 August, but at my most recent check-up I was told it is 21 August...goes to show eh) and once in a while I reverse calculate. Its not that I am not interested in Dylan's development, it is just that well, you know, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. I just want him out and about, and to get on with it. This third trimester has been especially difficult. But then pregnancies are all relative aren’t they? Sasha was such an exceptional womb tenant that any others have a high standard to meet. I was not this short of breath before. I cannot lie flat on my back for longer than a minute now because I feel very light headed. Which totally sucks because I hate sleeping on my side. I wake up every hour on the hour to pee..sometimes even more. When I am awake and about, I pee every 20 minutes. Dylan is in position but not engaged (he'd better not be) so that is why my bladder is just absolutely useless. I can’t walk the distances I used to as I get breathless. Being 20-30 pounds overweight (20 over pre-pregnancy, 30 over preferred/ideal/dream weight) is not helping. I am just knackered all the time. But I should not whine. I have had a relatively easy pregnancy, what with no morning sickness and other possible complications to deal with. It could be worse. But then it could always be worse for any situation. When D whines, I always remind him to put things in perspective, and that it could be worse. He could be run over by a bus and die tomorrow...which in my book is the worst of the worse. Don't ask me why I refer to buses since it could be equally bad being run over by a car, or steamroller..although the chances of being run over by a steamroller are pretty slim. So generally speaking in my life, as long as I am alive, alls well.
D has been spending way more time at home that usual. Which is great as I have company. Which is not so great because I have to figure out what to have for lunch. Which is not so bad because it is Summer and lunch preparations comprise my defrosting hot dogs, and D grilling them. He can eat hot dogs everyday for lunch. Now you know why we work. Yesterday though, I reached my limit and told him "I don't know what you're eating, but I am having cereal for lunch!". He had Doritos. Now you know why we work well. This morning he asked me what the name of the Nelly Furtado song he recently discovered was. I asked him if he was referring to the song he played over and over and over last night for a couple of hours. He said yes. I told him I don’t remember. Unfortunately he was able to recall the name of the song all by himself so for the past 3 hours I have heard the song a freaking gazillion times. I am used to working with him at home, but I do wonder what the murder rate among newly retired people are. There has to be a paper in that...
Potty training still ongoing. Sasha is now only allowed to sit in the Ikea chairs in the basement. She peed in both chairs twice yesterday while watching her shows. I cleaned them as best I could, but I suspect that they will be disposed of once training is over.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, my son's name is Dylan too!
Do you get the same comments I am getting, ie "So, you must have been a 90210 fan..."?
Post a Comment