Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I pissed off a tourist this morning. At least I am pretty sure I did. Sasha, Dylan and I were at our usual spot near the pool when I noticed someone walking along the boardwalk to about where we were. An older Chinese man just taking a stroll. Thought nothing of it until he started taking pictures of the scenery from the boardwalk. Ahhhh, a tourist I thought. I continued playing with Sash in the sand until I noticed him pointing his camera more towards our area. And he started taking pictures. I waited and watched while he continued taking pictures of Sasha. Thats when I knew I had to do something. I walked to where he was and told him that I am not comfortable with him taking pictres if my children and told him that he had to stop and point the camera elsewhere. He said something to me in Chinese, no idea what, but I was well prepared to start shouting bloody murder if he didnt stop taking pictures with us in the frame. I think he realised this and left. He probably thinks Australian mothers are rude. But hey...nowadays you can never be too careful. If I ask parents permission before taking snaps of their kids, I expect the same courtesy.

No comments: