I still cant believe Sasha is all of 4 years old now. It just seems like last week I gave birth to her...changed her first green poo filled diaper..helped her with her first steps. D got a bit emotional on the day of her birthday (last Saturday) and kept mumbling that Sasha would never ever be 3 again..ah well..cest la vie. We held her birthday in our backyard as it just seemed the easiest thing to do. I only finished teaching yesterday evening so I wasnt about to do anything elaborate. At the end of the day, its all about her and no one else. She had told me months ago that she wanted a pink and purple cake (because thats my favouritest colour everrrr Mummy) with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella and dinosaurs on top. So I got a few quotes and chose the cheapest and closest supplier. Carolyn who charges $40 and pick up as compared to a bakery that charged $220 and $20 delivery charge. No brainer. Only hitch was that C could not supply the princeses so I found a couple of stickers of the appropriate princesses and dinos that Sash has lying around and stuck them on toothpicks. Sasha chose the loot...flower balloons that also helped decorate the solarium, colourful plastic watering cans and candy kebab. I am a firm believer in edible or reusable loot for children's parties.
I booked the entertainers Sonshine and Brocolli ages ago, as a surprise for Sasha as she attended a couple of music classes they gave last Summer at a neighbours home. They sang for 30 minutes, then we cut the cake.
Earlier that morning I ordered a party sized cheese pizza for the kiddies, an Xlarge gourmet pizza for the parents, made some mango salsa and guacomole, put out some chips and lots of pop and juice boxes. I used to think that the adult spread had to be Malaysian-style ie I had to "feed" the adults...but R my neighbour set me straight and as she said "To hell with the parents, they can go home and eat.Its all about the kids". I am pretty sure that my Mum would have a heart attack if she knew I only served nachos and pizza for my guests, but hey..as long as there are no complaints from the kids, we're golden.
Happy birthday my baby girl!

1 comment:
likes like such an awesome party! happy birthday sweaat pea..and congrats to mommy and daddy too!
Post a Comment