It is raining heavily outside. I am in the room after having a rather heavy buffet breakfast with FIL and lounging by the poolside as he slept in his room. He was up the whole night with the runs so after taking a couple of tranquilizers (beauty of being an MD is that self medication is not frowned upon and you have access to cool pills) he has been in dreamland since breakfast. D is on a rainforest canopy tour, absailling down some tree I suppose. I am as expected not allowed to do such things due to my pregnancy. Yet another fun activity I have to refrain from...but I guess if the baby has to float in water without any outside stimulation for 9 months, I should not complain too much. I have just finished The Other Boleyn Girl. I have learned that it is best to read books that you dont mind losing or getting wet on holidays...disposable books. And this definitely was. I am however going to look for some more historically correct books on the subject as it has piqued my interest.
We had dinner the The Dining Room, Datai last night. We are running out of restaurants to try but the food so far has been exceptional. When FIL informed me of his runs, I initialy felt guilty, being official tour guide, host and all. But then after that split second, I figured he hasnt eaten anything I have cooked myself so his condition really isn't my fault. Still, I feel bad for him because I remember getting the runs in India and it is an experience I would not wish for my worst enemy.
I seem to be unable to download any pictures. I suppose there are drawbacks to Island living.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah babe shite that you can't post photos to rub it in some more with your island living tales! *rolling eyes*
ha ha i am just green with envy.
glad you are having a wonderful time. I wish I was a baby floating in water for a few months. so knackered these days.
lots of love and cant wait to speak to you when you get back!
Kisses. Nxxx
I love Langkawi and wish I was there wiv you.
Heard about the Boelyn girl from your fuddy.. we had brunch last week. He was on top form.
For food, try also Sunday and Champur-champur.
Its otw to Bonton if youre driving from Andamman.
Look forward to seeing you in some days!
Post a Comment