The weather today is just glorious, glorious, glorious at 15 degrees and extremely sunny. We have spent every moment possible outdoors, just going to the park, then walking along Yonge with the excuse of stocking up Sasha's summer clothes and the local nursery to buy trays of pansies. Sasha insisted on wearing her winter jacket, but also her sunglasses. And of course she had to carry Dini and her new bag of Mini Mr Potato men which she received as a birthday present. Met a couple of other neighbours at BabyGap/Nursery doing the exact same thing. While Sasha took her nap I planted the pansies in the 3 new planters we bought at Ikea last week. Our old planters burst from the accumulated snow and freezing temperatures..and of course our failure to ensure proper drainage. No danger of that happening this time because I used our drill to drill extra holes at the base of our new planters. At last, some colour to greet us when we get home..if they survive.
No sign of crocuses or tulips in our flower beds, and this may be because it is still too early, or the squirrels have dug up all the bulbs. Probably the latter. It is still pretty muddy out back, with the snow still melting. An excellent excuse to wear our very cheery wellies.
As I type this D is BBQing our dinner. Steak for us, chicken for Sasha. After dinner, we have to head out to the drugstore to stock up on diapers for the trip. Anything else I can get in KL, but I find the diapers there, albeit the same brand make, very different. They fit differently and they do not hold as much. Also need her Tylenol and cough mixture, just in case. Once we have packed for Sasha, we can start thinking about our own packing. I don't know about other families, but I find it surprising that someone who is 1/3 our size takes up 3 times our luggage space..combined. I just usually bung whatever I find into a suitcase and zip it up. Travelling with a 2 year old involves deciding on what she will wear to airport (warm layers, no jacket (too bulky) but not too warm as she will be in the taxi/train), which pyjamas she will wear on the plane (footed as she will be walking along), slippers (for walking in the lounge), spare clothing in case of pee leak and/or vomit (a set for every 5 hours of travel time), 1 diaper for every 2 hours on plane (not forgetting layover and potential delay time)...basically, double the amount, wipes, plastic bags to dispose of diapers and wipes, books, Dora DVDs, headphones for laptop, Dini (and now mini Mr Potato heads), snacks, spare bottles, sippy cup, pacifiers, pain killers (less than 100ml), pashmina to be used by either Sash or D as a blanket, socks and spare socks, flash cards, and other odds and ends, including spare clothing for D and I in event she pees/vomits on us (and this has happened). Items have to be divided between diaper bag and hand luggage, depending on accessibility. Lets not talk about her luggage, with clothing, ladybug night light, books, shoes, bottles, medication in quantities above 100ml, bath time necessities, sunblock, hats, swimsuits, and the list goes oooonnnn...I feel that it takes 2 weeks to prepare and pack for this 2 week trip...sigh. I should not complain though. We will soon be in the happiest place in China...

3 comments:
Happy travelling babe! Nice funky boots you have there!
Ditto on the amount stuff have to carry for the little one is 3x more than our own stuff. We now also have to take Dora DVDs and the protable DVD player - which is God's sent life saver in itself!
Lovely wellies. I bought a pink one last season and am planning to buy another pair with polka dots this spring! Any excuse to buy a pair of shoes!
Don't think we'll speak before you leave but let's catch up in May then!
LOVE and happy hols!!!
Nxx
Thnaks angel eyes!
Nxx, Dora is like a second older child for us...lifesaver she is. We already have to lug along 2 laptops so we had to pass on portable DVD and just let her watch off the laptop, and hope to God there is a plug point on board..
Post a Comment