It is our last day in Andaman. I would say Langkawi but due to FIL's physical constraints, we have for the most been staying close to home. Not that I am complaining in any way as I have been here enough times to want to appreciate the resort life, and with the Canadian dollar being as high as it is, massages and mocktails don't seem horrifically expensive. I am a Malaysian who finds it shocking that a nasi lemak (rice cooked in coconut milk with condiments) can cost Ringgit 31 when I can get it for RM3 at normal outlets. D really enjoyed the Canopy Tour as he is now able to tell Sasha that he can do a "Diego". Diego is Dora's animal rescuer cousin who lives in the rain forest and swings from tree to tree occasionally. We figured I could have been able to undertake the tour if I wanted to, but since FIL wont even let me slide down the water slide (something about same reason I am not allowed to water ski, water in punani, premature labour...didnt want to ask for details), chances are he would have vetoed the abseiling and flying foxing across a gorge.
We miss Sasha terribly and have decided that there will be no more holidays without her. She is enjoying herself with her Tok, Nenek, Aunties Dora and ED, learning new Malay words and torturing the cats, and we figure she may be having more fun than us. Unfortunately we can only see her tomorrow afternoon as we have a presentation at the stock exchange tomorrow morning and it would be cruel to take her away from her comfortable surroundings just to stick her with an unfamiliar babysitter early the next morning (just as we do every time we travel for work). We have saved some origami from the 2 Japanese dinners we had as a present for her. She has enough T-shirts. Our eco guide tells us that there is a 2 meter resident monitor lizard living on the resort grounds. My mission today is to find it. Right after I have my last buffet breakfast..and lounge by the pool a bit.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was great seeing you guys n meeting Gordon finally. Hope you had a memorable trip back & even a better time unpacking, lol. Definately had a beautiful time wit Sasha...'NO' & 'YES' will never the same again, lol!! Even Darren says..'u want to dodo oredi' to me, wat an impact a lil 2yr old makes. My personal fav 'Juiiiiiccceeeee' after the
10th time u realize she wants 'Juice'...miss tht girl :-(
Love, Yoya.
And she misses you too!!
Post a Comment